Thursday, September 10, 2009

THIS IS IT

Tonight I am somewhat weary. I realize that as a teacher, things I do or say can become so misunderstood! I consider these children "mine"! My goal is always to teach, comfort, console, laugh with, and open their eyes to the wonder of a world full of hope. My responsibility is greater than I sometimes feel I can carry! But each year I open my heart and arms to new children whose eyes are wide and minds are ready to be filled with knowledge! I attempt to make learning fun...I want them to love school. They have to have a love of school and a yearning to come each day ready to embark on new voyages! My prayer each day is to give them tools to use each day of their life....not just so they can pass a test at the end of the year, but so they will become successful in life. And I ask myself...how can I ensure that they receive these tools for life? What can I do to make sure they go home with something they've learned and then can use it tomorrow or even years from now? I always tell my students that we are like a family in my classroom. They sometimes spend more of their waking hours at school than they do at home, so we have to create a setting that is safe and rewarding. So, my weariness will send me to bed tonight....hoping for a bright new day that will give me another chance to provide all the knowledge and care to every child I teach. I pray for each child and for their parents or caretakers and for all teachers everywhere. Remember....THIS IS IT!

1 comment:

  1. Your students are lucky to have such a warm hearted and humorous teacher. NO WONDER they do so well on TAKS. They know you care and they want to please.

    ReplyDelete