Tuesday, September 8, 2009

All alone

Tonight I am alone...all by my lonesome...no one here...nada...single....by myself....lonely...solo... uno..."One is the loneliest number that you ever knew! Two could be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number one.... oooooo." I feel like Tiny Tim in The Christmas Carol! "I'm all alone, alone in the world. I'm all alone in the world. Millions of (something) la la in the world, I'm all alone in the world." Well, darn, I've forgotten the words to that song! I'm alone because Donald has gone to Kansas...gone to see Dorothy and ToTo...gone to find the Wizard and the Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, and Scarecrow. (Now that I've seen Wicked, I'm not too worried about him running into the Wicked Witch!) Gone to the land of rain, where the rain falls like torrents from the dark rumbling sky and tornadoes that dip from the black sky like a thief in the night! He's gone to the fields of amber grain and rolling hills. Gone to see the Amish and follow them as they plod along in their horse drawn buggies as they go home to their homes filled with lanterns and battery operated generators and cell phones (used only for business of course). Gone to see his twin brother and to look at auctions in Kansas.....the state that taxes you for each roll of toilet paper you own and any extras you might dare to buy or possess! oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh! He did call to say he found a cheap motel ($35) with a room that is the size of a matchbox! Well, not really that small, but he did compare it to our laundry room! He said it had a bed and it was clean and an American ran it! (Score!!!) He also said the name of the motel was...get this...THE COX MOTEL! How cool is that! Cox is my maiden name! He may have found some of my long lost kin! He also found a little hole in the wall to dine in that sold a $5.95 roast beef sandwich, so he was fed and happy! I miss him. I don't know why I haven't gone to bed and tried to get some sleep! He has already gone to sleep...he's probably dreaming...about one of his weird dreams where he loses something or is walking around without his shoes on in a muddy pasture chasing cattle! Instead, I piddled in my yard, talked on the phone to anyone who would talk to me, registered Dillan for the SAT test (which took forever!), checked on Cari (she's better), checked facebook and FINALLY graded papers! So, after such an unproductive night, I decided to try to make my blog look "pretty" only I became frustrated when it wouldn't work. So I will settle for an ugly background. If you are reading this, just imagine a beautiful shabby chic background and Jason Castro or Carly Simon or James Taylor or Jason Mraz singing sweet love songs in the background. Close your eyes...imagine...close your eyes....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Ooops...just fell asleep...going to my lonely bed!

2 comments:

  1. I tried to leave a comment, but it wouldn't let me so I am going to try again.
    Well well well..............you got you a pretty background. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to know my husband isn't the only one dreaming about cattle!

    ReplyDelete