Friday, September 11, 2009

There's no place like home...

Donald just returned from Kansas. Kansas, as he expected, was wet! It rained 7 inches before he could even leave THE COX MOTEL....he was stranded for several hours, waiting for the rainwater to subside on the roads. He didn't get to see Dorothy and ToTo but he actually saw a tornado! He showed me pictures he took of it. The first pictures showed funnels dipping from the black, eerie sky. Then, WHAM! TOUCHDOWN...a tornado! He returned home, driving in the rain all along the way with lots of pictures of the flood he witnessed, his old apartment at the auction and pictures of one of his best friends, Maggie. Maggie is Donald's dog...she's a talented border collie and Donald loves her as much as Maggie loves him. When he drove up to the auction, she ran to him "crying"! I've heard her cry! He hadn't seen her in weeks, so Maggie's cries were quite expected! Donald had to leave Maggie in Kansas. I know he wanted to bring her to Hamilton, but we don't have a fenced backyard. And Maggie loves to be around cattle or sheep and neither live in our backyard! She loves to herd and help at the auction. I wish we could find someone near who needed a hard working border collie. I know he hated to drive away from her. But, he's home....and I'm glad. He was glad to finally get here...It's a long drive and once you've gone away, and then return...you know that "there's no place like home!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Donald returned home safely! I am really enjoying your blogs. It makes me feel as if I am sitting next to you listening to you talk. I look forward to each evening that I can sit down and get a little bit of Cheri. Thanks..............I love you:)

    ReplyDelete