Monday, March 29, 2010

Twiggy










My hair drives me crazy. At this moment I need a haircut like NO other! I'm trying to think of what I want to do with my hair...I'm just having a little trouble. I'm tempted to let it grow, so I can pull it back into with a rubber band....I won't call it a pony tail...that sounds like I have a long tail bouncing back and forth! I just want to have it long enough to pull it back and not do a thing with it. But then, I remember how I get headaches when I pull my hair back. Maybe this time I won't. Maybe I'll just get it whacked off! When I was in the 8th grade I had long hair. It was down to my waist....my mother loved my long hair....long hair was all I knew. But back in 1968 there was a new star on the horizon! Her name was Twiggy. I decided that I would cut my hair like hers. It was a short cut...very short! I'm not sure why my mother gave in, but she did. I had my hair all whacked off (I found my 1968 curly pony tail in my cedar chest a few months ago!). I loved it....but what would my friends think? Now for those of you who have a memory of being 13, you know that your friends can at times be blunt. I still remember walking into the gym the next morning before school....that's where we gathered before school started. All the girls were sitting together and shouted in unison, "Cheri looks like Twiggy!" I was so embarrassed. I don't know why it bothered me....that was the person I modeled my haircut after. The truth was....my hair and parts of my body did look like her! (Not my face!) She was known for her short hair and flat chest. I had not blossomed in the breast area one bit...in fact I didn't even wear a bra. My mother said I didn't need one...my best friend would bring one of her bras to school each morning and I would change into it in the bathroom and then out of it before I went home! So there I was in all my glory...flat chest and short hair. So....I'm back to square one...WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HAIR???? I know that the Twiggy cut is out of the question!

2 comments:

  1. I laughed at this cute post!! I just love Twiggy...she is my style icon, she and Edie Sedgewick! I think you would be precious with their hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need her face and those eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete