Sunday, March 21, 2010

10 Great Adventures on Spring Break

Spring Break has been wonderful! Here is my recap of my week of adventure!
  1. Last Saturday I went to Waco to spend the day/night with Hillary and Madilyn. What fun! Dennis was gone so it was a girls' day! We shopped and played and then on Sunday I helped Hillary paint her bedroom. Donald stopped by and napped while we painted!
  2. On Sunday afternoon, I met two of my best friends from Anson and we stayed at the Gaylord Texan. We laughed so hard....it was just like high school minus all the drama that comes with teenagers!
  3. Monday morning after breakfast, Kathy, Debbie and I went to Grapevine Mall to shop! Did I mention we had a blast????
  4. Tuesday was reserved for Nana! Denver, Averi and Madilyn all spent the night with me! They rode trikes/big wheels, played basketball and watched Ice Age (about 5 times). They were sooo good and I love to watch them as they play.
  5. Wednesday was a beautiful day and we had a picnic out in the back yard complete with peanut butter sandwiches, bananas and root beer!
  6. I left Wednesday afternoon for Austin to see Cari, Kevin and Tristin. On Thursday morning we went to IKEA and then met Teresa and "her" Cari for lunch at The Domain. Cari Hawn is due in just about 3 weeks, so "my" Cari filled her full of lots of good new mommy information. Tristin was amazingly adorable and perfect during our lunch!
  7. The weather was still beautiful on Friday, so we gathered Tristin up for another shopping adventure. We shopped for birthdays...Madilyn, Gina, and Kevin...and for baby goodies for Denton...who will join Hillary, Dennis and Maddie in June.
  8. After shopping and getting lots of baby sugar from Tristin, I left Friday afternoon for Bruceville-Eddy to watch Dillan play baseball. Once again I met Hillary and Maddie at the game. The boys won and Dillan even scored a run for the Bulldogs.
  9. Saturday we awoke to freezing temperatures. Donald and I enjoyed the day piddling and then braved the wind and cold to go to Kool Beans in time for a coffee and oatmeal-raisin cookies. We worked at Crossfire Saturday night. It was good to see all my working buddies and to make a little money to pay for all that shopping!
  10. Today was Sunday...and the last day of my adventure. Dillan came over and he went to Stephenville with us to watch Alice's great adventure in Alice in Wonderland. I loved it! We topped it off with onion rings and a chicken-fried steak dinner at Montana's. Of course, I had to stop by Chi Hua Hua's for a Dr. Pepper before we returned home.

So now I'm exhausted but very happy. However, I still need to unpack and pick this house up before I get back into the swing of things. I'm feeling very blessed to have had such a great week full of adventure after adventure with my family!

1 comment: