Monday, March 29, 2010

Signs of Aging 13/Fatigue


I've probably already written about being tired, but too bad...here I go again. I was exhausted today. Fatigue sat in with a vengeance. I left school early enough to go to the Post Office and check my mail. I'm expecting a package so I needed to get there before 4:00. Once I checked my box (no package) I raced to Sonic for my Happy Hour Coke. (Love them!) I pulled into my garage and hit my garage door remote control. I guess there was something about the hummmm of that crazy garage door closing that just lulled me into a nap. I put my head on the back of the headrest and thought...."I'm just gonna sit here a minute." Before I knew it, my head hit the steering wheel! Scared the pee out of me! I had fallen asleep. It was pitch dark in the garage and I really wasn't sure where I was! I grabbed my Rt. 44 Coke and ambled into the house. I glanced at the clock....it was 4:25! I had dozed for 25 minutes......IN MY CAR!!! Luckily there is no sign of bruising where I hit my head! It will be an early bedtime tonight...hope I make it through Dancing with the Stars!

4 comments:

  1. I'm laughing so hard I'm about to wet my pants. I can see all of this happening. However I think you just had a long weekend. I took a nap during my conference today-and woke up when my kids came in. I had a large red print where my head was resting on my arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh so hard! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad y'all got a laugh out of my nap!!!! I shared with my co-workers and we all hooted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least it was your garage and not the road. Sometimes I'm driving through Evant or Adamsville and I think "did I go through Evant???" Scary! Glad you are ok... and of course, your garage as well!

    ReplyDelete