Sunday, March 21, 2010

The First Day of Spring????


I think Mother Nature is a little confused about the weather! Yesterday was lovely...Cari and I shopped in Austin at the San Marcus outlet. We wore jeans, t-shirts and flip-flops and Tristin wore a cute little baseball onesie. We ate lunch OUTSIDE at the Red Robin cafe! We were loving the weather and were even concerned that Tristin might get blistered from the sun!

I drove from Austin to Bruceville-Eddy to a baseball game that I thought started at 7:30 but instead it started at 6:00....I made it by the 4th inning. Hillary and Maddie were there....the sun had set so the temperature was beginning to drop to the 60's....but still was great weather for a baseball game, especially one we won!

And then this morning we awoke to freezing temperatures! And what was with that wind??? It was blowing like crazy! I guess it went with the saying...."March blows in like a lion and out like a lamb"....but I'm thinking it's time for the lamb part of March! Anyway, as I was driving in from Crossfire tonight at 11:00, the temperature was 33 degrees! On top of that, I was told we had snow flurries three different times today!

I'm ready to wear my new Spring clothes. I'm tired of my sweaters and heavy coats and scarfs and boots. I want to wear my new shirtdresses with leggings, my new floral tops with skirts, and my lightweight cotton sweaters and t-shirts and khakis from J.Crew. I'm ready to walk in the mornings and not have numb fingers and toes from the low temperatures.

So....Mother Nature....look at the calendar and let's get with the program! It's time for bluebonnets and yard work. It's Springtime! And I am officially ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment