Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Signs of Aging 10/Gray Mare

The Old Gray Mare...she ain't what she used to be! That's me! I'm just exhausted! Is it because I'm so darn old??? I don't even know why I'm blogging...I'm so tired. But these have been some exhausting past few weeks!

1) I was in a play last month and we practiced like crazy! Night after night....and then we had seven performances. We sold out 3 of the performances and added an additional one on Tuesday night. I wouldn't get home til 11:00 on the night performances. It's always a little depressing after the play is over because you develop such great friendships and I always miss my "new family". But it was lots of fun and maybe I'll be rested by the next time I decide to be in another play.

2) Monday morning, Tracey Bullard and I decided to start walking AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING!!! So we walked Monday, and dumb a$$ me thought we were walking Tuesday morning, so I got up at 5:15 and about 5:45, after Tracey didn't show up, I remembered we weren't gonna walk that morning. Ugggggggggghhhhhh! I put on a pot of coffee and watched some scrapbook show on HGTV! So, this morning Donald and I were up before the roosters and walked with Tracey (wearing her Bucky Beavers)....So now I'm tired cause I had to work at Crossfire tonight!

3) This year we decided to complete Solar System projects IN CLASS.....so many of the kids don't have anyone to help them and sometimes other parents spend too much money on them. We just want to see something the kids do, so we worked on those this week. Now, mind you that's 32 projects in my class! But the kids did a great job and I loved seeing their creations. Some of them made posters and the rest used Play-Dough and made the Solar System. I'm just plum tuckered out though from bending over and cutting and pasting and hanging planets!

Those are just three things that have made me tired lately. Next week is Spring Break and I'm really looking forward to it! I think I'll go see Maddie and Hillary on Saturday! I plan on going to the Gaylord Texan on Sunday night and meeting two of my best high school friends. I can't wait to see them! Tuesday I'll go to Dillan's baseball game and then Wednesday I'll head to Austin to visit with Cari and Tristin for a few days. Then it will be back to H-town to work Saturday night at Crossfire. Maybe Denver and Averi can come over on Saturday or Sunday for some backyard baseball and tricycle races!!! Wait....just reading that makes me even more tired! But it will be a fun tired....a week of sleeping late...and playing with old friends and my grand babies! This old gray mare better eat her oats!

3 comments:

  1. From a mom who made her 3 oldest kids do all of their solar system projects all by themselves, thank you thank you thank you for doing them in class, even though I only have 1 kid to go to 3rd grade. I know that there are parents who love projects. I'm not one and usually delegate to Kyle. My kids projects always looked like they did them with their feet in stead of hands...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have something to look forward to! We plan to continue making the projects in class! The kids loved it and it saved angry parents from cussin us under their breath!!! Really...who wants to make a solar system project the week before spring break??? It takes us a long time to get some good ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm just really happy to hear that you're doing them in class too. one of the trends today that i absolutely detest is the parents doing the work for the kids. writing papers, doing projects, math homework, what ever it is. helping is fine, but actualy doing the work for them? sorry, but i just don't see how a kid could be THAT busy...

    ReplyDelete