Saturday, January 30, 2010

Life is Good!

"Life is Good"....love those t-shirts and caps and purses and whatever else they sell! Yesterday I had a few"life is good" experiences...which was good cause I was not feeling too "bueno vida" yesterday!

The JV mothers take turns sending food to the boys before they go to an out of town game and yesterday was my day...snacks and chips. I put the bag of goodies in my chair at school, so I would remember to take it to them at 3:00. Wouldn't you know I forgot???? (Signs of Aging)....I was in mid sentence with Gina and I'm not even sure of what I was saying, but somehow it occurred to me to take the snacks....Luckily it was only 3:05 and they weren't leaving until 3:20....I had time to run to the high school gym, even though it was 30 degrees outside.

As cold as it was, I'm about to tell you something that warmed my heart! I gave Dillan the bag of snacks and hugged him and told him, "Play a good game. I'll see you there...I love you!" and I hugged him and he actually hugged me and (this is what absolutely warmed my heart and almost brought me to tears right there underneath the EXIT light in the Hamilton Gym) he replied, "Love you, too." This is the first time in almost six years that he has said this to me. I just wanted to cry...I was so happy! I wanted to smile as I ran all the way back to the elementary campus, but the temperature was so cold it froze my teeth!

Lost the game, and after the game he came up to where Hillary, Maddie, Donald and I were sitting. He even leaned against me as he put his armpit (yuck) on my knee! Sounds gross, but it was a lean...a touch...contact!

Now what makes this so special??? I lost lots of time with Dillan after my divorce. It nearly killed me and I've spent lots of lonely occasions...whether it was a game, a stock show, or a holiday....when he wouldn't speak to me. But he is now and I can't tell you how happy this makes me. He was mad and had every right to be angry as h*(( at me.....I just love him so much...he's my "baby" and I'm so thankful that he is finally coming around again..........

Life is Good....La vida es buena.....leven goed......das Lebgen is shoen.....

No comments:

Post a Comment