Monday, February 1, 2010

Signs of Aging 5/Teeth

I went to the dentist today. I don't really like to go to the dentist...even as old as I am! The first time my mother had to take me I was only about four and I had a mouthful of cavities. Mother had promised me a new pair of cowboy boots if I would go....I really wanted cowboy boots...I was a major tomboy and my mother dressed me in dresses and scratchy can-cans and black patent shoes and little white ankle socks that had lace around them! When I got to the dentist office and they put me into the chair, I slid out of the chair and said, "I really didn't want a new pair of boots!" The next trip they had to give me a "little pill" to calm my nerves before I had my dental visit! After that it was just a constant battle. I was born with bad teeth.

Today's visit was my first visit in a year. Last year I had to have a crown put on one of my teeth. Now, let me just say I have so many crowns in my mouth, that I should have a royal family living inside my mouth.....Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses have made a home inside this castle I call my mouth! There are silver, gold and porcelain crowns. I have one silver crown that tops a baby tooth! It has been there for years! The older I get, the more royalty I have. Today I had my teeth cleaned so that was much cheaper than adding another royal member! However it still wasn't that cheap!

I've also noticed the "commoners" in my kingdom have become yellow over the years. I've decided to whiten them....that will require a bleaching kit that will cost $100. Hopefully after the bleaching, the royal members won't kick the commoners out, since I'm sure my regular teeth, that have yellowed with age, will shine and sparkle so much that the crowned teeth will be jealous. Have your sunglasses ready for a new sparkling white smile in this old mouth of mine!

I may even buy myself a new pair of cowboy boots!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should reward yourself with something!

    Here is my pathetic dentist story. I hate the dentist. BAD. When I was pregnant with Madalyn, I had a root canal. (to put the time in perspective, Hillary would be an 11th grader about this time.) Lovely Dr. Z did a temporary filling. Apparently I'm supposed to go back in after she is born to have it crowned. The man does some quality work! This temporary crown is about 13 years old and still holding!

    I always feel like I'm in trouble when I go to the dentist. No matter how much I brush, I could be brushing/flossing more. I'd much rather go to the gyn. Its all miserable, but that is by far the lesser of the 2 evils to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little silver crown was replaced by Jerry 32 years ago! Hmmmm....Were you even born???

    ReplyDelete