Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Signs of Aging 6/Confusion

Oh...sometimes I just wonder why such weird things happen that throw me into a state of pure confusion! Dillan borrowed Donald's laptop on Sunday so he could work on an English paper. He brought it back Sunday night because Donald needed to post some pictures of trailers he wanted to sell on Craig's List on Monday morning. He told Dillan he could come back at 7:15 Monday morning to get the laptop and take it to school so he could get some help on his paper. We set our clocks Sunday night and settled down for a "short" winter's nap! Donald's alarm went off at 6:00 a.m. and he busied around making a pot of coffee and getting our English muffins ready for the oven and then went into the living room to post his pictures. I finally crawled out of bed about 6:15 and hopped in the shower to wash my hair. I went ahead and dried it and put on my makeup and clothes. I puttered into the living room to check on Donald when he stated that all his pictures had been deleted and he would have to start over. I had just glanced at our digital clock in the bedroom and noticed it was 7:00. I thought, "Oh gosh, he only has 15 minutes to get those pictures reposted before Dillan comes by for the laptop." I was unlocking the front door for Dillan when I heard "my" alarm clock going off. Confused, I shuffled into our bedroom and saw "my" clock set at 6:00. I looked at the digital clock and once again I saw 7:00. I then glanced at the bathroom clock and saw 7:00...now the bathroom clock had not been changed from our previous time change...I was really confused. I hurriedly asked Donald if he had changed the bathroom clock to the correct time.....No, he hadn't. So I asked, "Well what time is it anyway?" (There's nothing worse than being confused about time!) We looked at all the clocks in the living room...the large one over the fireplace, the middle size clock on the wall, both of the clocks on our iPhones AND the time on the television....OMG! They were all set at 6:05 by this time. I wasn't even supposed to be out of bed! Somehow the little button on Donald's digital alarm clock had been set to Eastern Standard Time and it had automatically changed the time.............I had gotten out of bed at 5:15 a.m. and I did not like it one little bit! However, we had a good hour to drink a few cups of coffee over some delicious English muffins spread with blackberry jam and to laugh about the confusion over the clocks! I'll be checking that silly clock tonight...you can bet on that! One Monday morning of confusion is enough for me!

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! It happens to me sometimes...except most of the time my clocks are right, I just dream that they are wrong, wake up in a worried that I'm late, scramble to get ready, and realize I still have hours before I have to be to whatever I've been worried about. In college, I actually made it to a 5:30 AM practice at 4:30 AM... so I just took a nap in the car! So, I think it happens to all ages :)

    ReplyDelete