Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dearly Beloved

The play...Dearly Beloved.... has been consuming my life! Opening night is Saturday, February 20! I practice all the time! And believe you me, I need it! My character in the play is Twink Futrelle and I've spent the last 15 1/2 years trying to get Wiley Hicks to marry me! I tend to be a "titch bit" controlling....hmmm...I wonder if they gave me this part for a reason! I have had a wonderful time with my sisters....Frankie (Kayla) and Honey Raye (Susan)....even though we fight like typical sisters!

I've been a little worried about all my lines. In order to practice, I tape the other characters' parts on my teensy weensy tape recorder and then I just say my part. It's crazy! Wednesday night I went to bed with my trusty tape recorder going and I fell asleep at some point....unfortunately I awoke the next morning to a dead tape recorder! Thank goodness for my drawer full of AA batteries! I stuck two of those little suckers in on Thursday morning and IMMEDIATELY began to practice again as I got ready for school!

I've also been a little worried about our singing debut, but tonight we worked out all the kinks and it sounds much better.

After tonight's dress rehearsal, I feel much better about the play. So....if you are bored or you need to be cheered up or if you just want to watch a group of wanna be "thespians", come to the play Dearly Beloved. Our show times will be this Saturday and Monday nights at 7:30 and this Sunday at 2:00. We repeat the performances next weekend...February 27 - March 1.

Break a leg!

2 comments:

  1. You're going to be great! I think Joe and I are going to see it next weekend if we can find us a sitter for a date night! I need to try to call about that dinner thing bc he wants to go to that! Yea for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get to eat at the dinner before the play...but....don't think that will happen! Hope you can come!

    ReplyDelete