Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sick Baby

This morning Cari sent me a text saying she was in an ambulance taking Tristin to Dell's Children Medical Center! Scared me to death! I knew he had felt bad and was congested but AMBULANCE!!!!! I quickly went to the office and asked for a sub. We have a wonderful group of people to work for....they quickly found someone for me and I waited til noon and for word from Cari to see what the doctor said. Unfortunately they wanted to keep him, so I headed to Austin. I had never been to Dell, but it was a wonderful place for children. I wish I had taken pictures of it...everything there was geared towards children. I saw so many sick kids though! They all had on masks and you could hear crying and coughing and oh it was so sad! But I felt so comfortable and grateful that they had taken Tristin there. Kevin was holding a sleeping Mr. T when I found them in the ER. He woke up about 2:15 and we changed his diaper and he just lay on the bed like a limp dishrag! Finally he perked up and Nana got a itsy bitsy smile out of him. Soon, he was eating and smiling and was feeling a little better....I guess as good as a baby with RSV, two ear infections, and an oxygen tube in his little nose. They put him in his own room(complete with private restroom) about 4:30...which was good cause I had been needing to "tinkle" since I got there at 2:00, but I didn't want to leave him! We had lots of doctors and nurses to come in to check on him...all taking very good care to keep him happy...well, until they came in and put a saline solution up his nose and sucked out all the "boogers". He didn't like that...not one little bit. I had not eaten, except for my "perfect attendance" popcorn at 10:00, so I traveled the maze(got straight past the first elevator, take a left to the second elevator, go to the first floor, take a right yada yada) to the cafeteria while Cari was nursing him and Kevin went home to get clean clothes. I discovered lots of healthy food to choose from, so I got a salad, delicious chicken tortilla soup and a sugar free chocolate pudding. Then I did something I had never done before...I ate by myself in the cafeteria! Once I got back to the room, we watched American Idol. They hooked him up to oxygen again...since his oxygen level dropped. Cari had crawled up in the bed with him...they looked so sweet. Once Kevin got back, we put his jammies on him and he was getting sleepy. I knew he was in good hands and I also knew Cari and Kevin were exhausted...they had been up since 3:00 a.m. I was so glad I went to see him! He's such a precious baby...and as I left I knew we were so blessed that he wasn't as sick as some of the children there. Thanks to all my friends who prayed for Tristin today....and I'll continue that prayer tonight...for Tristin and all those other sick children!

Oh...and I think I figured out how to take the "verification" thingamadoochie off! Let me know if I did!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that he's doing well. We'll keep praying for a continued recovery! I bet he was glad his Nana was there... what a lucky little boy! I bet his Mama was glad to have her Mama there as well :)

    And I understand completely what you mean about Dell. Going places like that do make you realize how blessed most of us are with our health.

    I hope today is great. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and since I'm the first poster... your word verification thingamadoochie is turned off now. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are happy to hear he is doing better. Scary, isn't it? Jennifer just gave us a DVD she had made of the events of 2009 complete with songs that break your heart, how fast kids grow up, etc, and it does make you realize how lucky you are compared to so many! We'll pray for continued imporvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Improvement, that is. Got a A in spelling, but a C in proof reading.

    ReplyDelete