Sunday, January 3, 2010

Confusion and Frustratation

Sometimes I honestly think I must be the biggest idiot (that's i-d-i-o-t) in the world. I am not good at computer technology at all. All I have to do is get near a computer and it stops working! This makes me so sad and it even makes me want to cry at times. There are many things that I don't know how to do because I know if I ask for help, it is frustrating to those who are knowledgable about computers because it is as natural as breathing to them....and to me it's like I'm suffocating...literally suffocating...like putting a plastic bag over my face and taping off all air flow! I guess sometimes, I would rather be a computer i-d-i-o-t than to ask for help....and be given the "look" or be given the "oh that's easy! all you do is kjeo48rya4q9874tr g948y4r"...that's the language I hear for their directions and it's extremly hard for me to understand!
I don't even know how I can blog, but I can get the writing down. Now other things in the blogging world frustrate me and then I become infuriated and even want to say bad words. I have been trying to post pictures on my Christmas blog since early this morning. I just couldn't figure out how to download the pictures and get them in the order I wanted them. I mean MY GOSH..if you hit browse and find a picture and download it, you would think the pictures would download in the order I downloaded them in. But OH NO...they download in the reverse order and then they don't make any sense with my comments....After several hours of ranting and raging and threatening to throw the computer and even open a bottle of wine and consume it in 3 swigs...I decided to download my pictures in the reverse order that I really needed them to be posted. In other words, the last picture on my blog, was my first picture to download. This was much easier and it actually worked! Does anyone else have this problem or am I the true i-d-i-o-t that I'm afraid I am?????
Another problem I have has to do with m-e-m-o-r-y and that may have something to do with
o-l-d a-g-e! I can't remember how to sync my phone with my computer and I think once I learn again, I will sync it every day for a year so I won't forget! I hate being so unknowledgable (a better word than s-t-u-p-i-d). I know that I'm supposed to find my itune icon, but I don't know what the h-*-l-l to do after that and I don't know how to even begin to help Donald sync his phone with his new computer and this makes me feel very unknowledgable.
Okay...so this will maybe get my frustrations out .....until I try to download pictures for my blog again.....Any sympathy or advice will be greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. Aww.your actually very smart when it comes to computers...you just need a little reminding!! As for the pictures..it happens to me as well..and I get frustrated as well..and usually just post them out of order and all mixed up...:) Miss you..im off to bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an excellent job! My pictures NEVER go where I want them to on my blog and it always looks crappy. I got a mac this summer and bought the new operating system, but cannot even find where it is saving my pictures to so I'm scared to even begin to to install the new OS. I can't find or organize my pictures to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happens to me all the time too... I give up a lot and retry after a few glasses of wine. Makes is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get what you are saying. I think I'm kind of tech savvy until I try to blog. Friends tell me how easy it is. I have a second blog just so I can practice adding banners, backgrounds, and pictures. I have spent hours just playing around on it trying to figure it out and get things just right. But it never fails...I get frustrated because whatever it is I'm trying to do doesn't work. In a nutshell I'm not the person to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the sympathetic comments...I don't feel so alone now!

    ReplyDelete