Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday's Signs of Aging 3

Clothing for the old but "young at heart" is hard to find, which is another aging problem I've encountered. Now I like to dress somewhat fashionable, but there are times when age gets in the way. Today was one of those days. I pulled out my Vera Wang (from Kohl's) black long sleeved t-shirt and topped it with my silky leopard blouse, so I wouldn't FREEZE wearing the silky top! I found my black skirt and pondered over what I should wear under my skirt on my "old" legs. I thought about wearing a pair of black Spanx tights, but I remembered I had purchased a pair of black leggings at Wally-World a few weeks ago. They were really cute leggings with black buttons on the ankles of each leg. What I didn't notice when I bought the little boogers, was the brand.....Miley Cyrus. OMG! When I put them on, I realized they must have been made specifically for Miley herself! The waist, or what I thought should have been the waist, only barely covered my, excuse me, crack! Who has ever heard of hip-hugger leggings? Now when I was in High School, I wore hip hugger jeans all the time and now it seems that the only pair of jeans I can find are what I consider hip-hugger. But who on earth wants to wear hip-hugger leggings? I pulled the suckers up ALL DAY LONG!!!!! Thank goodness I had a skirt over them so no one could see what I was exposing....ugh...makes me sick just to think about it! I'm not sure what to do with Miley's leggings. I can't imagine being that desperate to wear them again! They were cute, buy they felt horrible! If anyone out there needs a pair of slightly worn Miley Cyrus leggings, let me know...Age will not allow me to wear them again unless....no....there is no "unless"..............give me a call....they are free!

8 comments:

  1. lmao!
    my maddie got a pair of miley cyrus leggings for xmas. she took one look at the brand and shoved them in some obscure location. they are quite shiney! i decided I would take them. now i can't find them, as they are lost in her room...i can wear a lot of things, but i'm not sure if i can wear miley...
    i would rather just let my tummy hang over though than have something hold it in. does this come from spending 3+ years of my life pregnant?? higher waisted stuff makes me feel like i'm choking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me give you these lovely leggings! It wasn't that my tummy was hanging over so much...they came up a bit higher in the front but the back....it looked like a slot machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the funniest thing I think I've ever read!!!!! A slot machine?!?!?! H*I*L*A*R*I*O*U*S !!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks for making me laugh till I cried!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime, Betsy! Just wasn't fun wearing the silly things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sympathize with you. I wore a pair of pantyhose a few years ago and if I walked any distance the crotch was between my knees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a slot machine!?
    hahah! lmao!
    the Slot machine look is a trendy one here in HS. I want to carry a bouquet of daisies, and just drop them in their cracks. I've often thought that plain M&Ms would be fun as well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. Carrie, you CRACK me up. the daisies would be freaking great. lol.
    Cheri, how much were those tights? I have been wanting to go get some.

    Also, it feels extremely weird to call both of you by your first names because both of you were my teachers.. hmm.. it probably wont happen again :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marissa...I'm good with Cheri! I remember the year I taught my daughter, Cari's class...her friends had always called me Cheri, but that year they had to call me Mrs. Poe since I was their teacher. As one of my students (and Cari's friend) left on the last day of school, she turned around and shouted, "Bye Cheri!" I cracked up!

    ReplyDelete