Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Book

Donald came in tonight from O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A (Oklahoma! OK!...I always have to sing that when I say or write Oklahoma.) It was really good to see him, but the best part was he brought me a gift! My sister-in-law, Karen (she's married to Donald's twin brother, Ronald) sent me a book called The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I loved it immediately! It's full of recipes and pictures and stories. He told me that he thought the writer, Ree Drummond, had a blog and I remembered that I had seen The Pioneer Woman blog somewhere....I went to Betsy Killian's blog and sure 'nuf...there it was! She follows her....I believe it's called a "professional blog".....and after looking at it, I understood the difference....she is a professional at blogging! WOW! Well, I've only been looking at the book (while trying to read her blog at the same time) for about 30 minutes and I feel like we are already old friends! Funny...she hasn't a clue I exist, but I'm sure we would be very good friends IF we could just meet! She also inspired me to write on my "unprofessional blog"! Let me just recommend this book. It may be a Christmas present or birthday gift or wedding gift in the future! That's how much I love it! And if you can't find the book you can go to her blog/web page http://thepioneerwoman.com/
Enjoy and thanks, Karen! I love it!

3 comments:

  1. Cheri, I am so glad you found the Pioneer Woman... she is my FAVORITE. I got her cookbook for myself, AND bought it for my Mom for Christmas AND for my sister-in-law for her birthday!!! It's GREAT, her blog is GREAT (and ridiculously funny), and her photography is GREAT. She also has a "cooking" section on her blog, which has wonderful recipes... I love her. We would SO be friends if we met in real life...

    Now, my confession... I have no idea how to add her as a "follower"... I have a link to her on my side bar, and I can do that, but I have nobody as a "follower"... Not a clue!! I am not a "pro" blogger... I ask Shelley whenever I don't know how to do something!! She's my "tech support!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the Pioneer Woman and I know that we could be besties. I don't know how she does it all - professional blogger, gourmet cook, mother to 4 children, wife, teacher, etc., etc. You really need to read her Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. It chronicles her dating and marriage to Marlboro Man. Super Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls...I'm so excited to read these books! Today at school, I kept trying to sneak a peek at my new treasure, but I just couldn't get it done...oh well...the weekend is coming up and I'll get some reading done then!

    ReplyDelete