Monday, May 3, 2010

Peace, Love and Boots


On Saturday Donald and I went to San Saba to Harry's.....a western store that has been there for years. I love the way the old wooden floors creak and how the store smells of leather! A few years ago his brother bought Harry's. They've spent lots of time and money renovating the store. There are like four sections downstairs....men's boots, men's clothing, children's boots and clothing, and women's boots and clothing. Upstairs has another section where you can find a vast array of hats..Bonanza hats...old man hats...George Strait hats...felt hats...floating down the river hats..even $1000 hats!!!! Donald immediately went upstairs to try on hats....he doesn't need one, BUT I'm sure he felt compelled to try as many on as he could. He even tried some on identical to ones he owns....I told the salesman that NOW I knew what it was like for a man to wait on a woman in a shoe store! Well...speaking of shoes....we ventured down the creaky staircase and I decided to go look at the boots...just one more time. I've looked for months for a new pair of boots. Well, Saturday was my lucky day. I found a pair that I absolutely fell head over heels in love with. I grabbed them...I pulled them on and walked in them. They were perfect! We bought them and I wore them to the Sweetest Loop dance on Saturday night. Everyone loved them! When I showed them to Dillan....he was even impressed! I've got to find something to wear with them now......

3 comments: