Friday, October 2, 2009

Tristin Hunter....October 1, 2009

He's here! Tristin arrived about 5:00 p.m.! Cari called me this morning about 6:15 as we were walking. I've been taking my phone with me on my morning walks...just in case...and sure enough, we heard the phone as we were chatting along in the dark...we looked at each other and shouted, "Cari!". We knew it had to be time. She was on her way to the hospital so we cut our walk about 30 minutes short and headed back to the casa. I started calling and texting everyone I could think of to let them know of her condition and that I would not be at school! I told Dillan I wanted to make sure they were going to keep her, but I promised him I would pick him up by 10:00. That seemed to satisfy him and it gave me time to get things together and to gather my senses!!!! We left about 10:15 and drove with my flashers on all the way...what fun! Luckily I didn't see a cop! Once we got there, she had dilated to a four and had been given an epidural. Dillan and I went to eat at one of his favorite spots...Steak and Shake...and by the time we got back, Cari decided she would try to nap. I left Dillan to nap with her...and I went to Walgreen's to get Chapstick for Cari and snacks for Kevin. Once I returned, we watched HGTV and the fetal monitor....by 4:00 the contractions were regular and I "suggested" to the nurse that they check her. She seemed shocked that no one had checked her since noon, and sure enough...a mother's instinct was true...Cari had dilated all the way and was ready to push! They hurried us out of the room. While Cari pushed, a crowd gathered....grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends! Trisitn Hunter was born about 5:10 and they finally let us in to see him about 7:00. He was beautiful! And just as soon as I saw him...I fell in love again! At first, I thought he looked like Kevin, but then I realized he really looked like Kevin's dad, Eugene! He is definitely an Ulrich! We are so blessed to have this little fella join our family. He is just as perfect as the others! We took lots of pictures and held him and ooohed and ahhhed over him like he was the only baby in the world! I got to change his dirty diaper and by then, the little munchkin was hungry again. We left him in good hands...Cari was ready to nurse him again and Kevin was standing guard like any proud papa would! Congratulations Cari and Kevin! You did a great job!

2 comments:

  1. thanks, cheri. you did a great job on the recap! kevin & cari are definitely blessed. can't wait to see more pictures of tristan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how tall Papa's walk after a baby is born to them?

    ReplyDelete