Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Life

Life....confusing as it is...it is what it is! Days come and go...some are good, some are bad, but all in all they combine together to make what we call LIFE. I always thought my life would be perfect. That was my dream. I wanted my children's lives to be perfect...that was my dream. But the older I became, the more I realized there is no perfect life. Things happen...sicknesses, heartbreak, happiness, sorrow, death, births, divorce, marriage....life. My life is not and will not be perfect. It is what it is. My children's lives will not be perfect. As much as I want their lives to be without sorrow or pain....I know I cannot prevent tears any more than I can prevent smiles! I can't....tears happen...they come and go like thieves in the darkest night. We become disappointed. We lose faith in those we love. People who some think are perfect, fall from their high pedestals like autumn leaves falling from trees in a forest. We are then raked away and put into a compost pile to rot away, by the self righteous. We wander from what we know is right, and once we return, we find that we are not always wanted. We are shunned....Those who have stayed high on their pedestals look down on us and shake their heads and fingers as if we are murderers. "I told you so!" they exclaim as they look down their self-righteous noses at those of us who have fallen. "Tssk, tssk, tssk...." they whisper as they shake their heads and look the other way. We are not perfect....I am not perfect...That is what my Lord came for. He came to be perfect. He came to take my sin and my debt....He nailed it to the cross and He died for me. He died so that when I (we) mess up, we can have His grace....He knew I would fall from that pedestal....He knew I would be raked away by some...raked away to rot...in their eyes. I pray we can all love each other....accept each other....forgive each other....this is what life is.....loving and forgiving......knowing we aren't perfect. I pray I don't look down on others. Life....It's hard, but so worth it. So worth all the happy times....holding a new grandson and smelling his sweet breath....seeing your granddaughter and watching her run to you as fast as she can to give you a hug...catching a granddaughter's shy smile and hugging her...flashing the "I love you" sign to a grandson as you see him in the hall at school.....seeing your son walk down the hall to ask you for a favor......giving advice to your daughters on the phone about raising children.......gabbing for hours to your sister and brothers about the old days....taking your husbands hand in yours and knowing he knows how you feel.....angry words shared with a loved one....all of this is what life is about.....good or bad....we take it one day at a time....This is what life is!

No comments:

Post a Comment