Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Police Alert -"One Officer on Duty"

Tonight we had FCAS (Fellowship of Christian Athletes/Students) at the house and we really had a wonderful time. About 20 kids showed up for Hot Dogs with Chili, Beans, Chips and .......mmmmmmmmmmm Smores! The kids were all so pleasant and grateful! Sheriff Bewley came to give them a speech about good choices and commented on the "one officer" on duty tonight. Well, after the group left, I decided I needed a Coke from Sonic...you know I have that Bulldog Card and I get a Rt. 44 for only $1.07 anytime I feel the urge for a little caffeine. Well, wouldn't you know...I found the "one officer" on duty! As I turned off Henry, (and yes, I did have my blinker on), the car that I was meeting turned behind me with FLASHING LIGHTS! OMG! What had I done? I was on the phone with my sister, Lisa, and I told her I was being stopped, so we hung up. The "one officer" came to my window...all the while I'm trying to figure out what I had done wrong. Well, come to find out, I had not put my blinker on at the proper "100 yard blinker turn on time". I'm not even sure I know where 100 yards is, especially at night! Anyway, he took my DL and went to his patrol car to check me out! When he returned, he told me he was only giving me a warning...thank goodness. I told him the sheriff had supper with us...and had given the speech at FCAS....He sorta laughed and didn't seem too impressed. I was hoping some 18 wheeler wasn't speeding through town while he was giving me my "talking to" or that some druggie wasn't making a drug run through town! Oh well...I guess I learned my lesson. And let this be a warning to all of you....Don't forget to turn your blinker on 100 yards before you turn OR the "one officer on duty" just might get you, too!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds like gonzales.... except we have more than one officer on duty, and instead of busting the drug deals (that are everywhere!!!) they are busy patroling the walmart parking lot, for what? i dont know!!! so i guess the message is, if you want to do drugs...come to gonzales!

    ReplyDelete